About Nick Harris and Career Discovery
Nick has worked as a full time personal, business and career coach during the past twelve years; he is a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF), with over 3000 hours of coaching experience.
He has successfully delivered executive coaching to senior managers in a number of large companies in both the private and public sectors including British Telecom, Network Rail, Royal Bank of Scotland, Civil Service, NHS and Concern Worldwide.
Nick’s wide ranging corporate experience and in depth training enables him to readily connect with his clients’ challenges and support them in identifying and achieving their goals.
As an ICF accredited MCC coach, Nick can support you with the coach mentoring required to obtain your coaching credential and the supervision to develop your coaching to the next level. Please get in touch to find out more.
Previously Nick had a very successful corporate career spanning 18 years as well as working as an educator for 12 years.
Based in the UK but widely travelled, he has coached a diverse international client base, ranging from graduates to senior managers and executives in global organisations. He has successfully supported hundreds of clients through difficult life transitions and challenges in order to achieve the outcomes and fulfilment that they really want.
Nick aims to make the coaching process enjoyable and fun to help his clients realise their potential and maximise their performance.
As one of his client's commented recently: "You've helped me to crystallise the light at the end of the tunnel, through helping me to clarify the things that motivate and energise me, and identify my skills and values. I came away feeling very motivated and upbeat."
Nick is married with three grown up children, and lives in a cottage near the Suffolk coast which connects him with his love of the countryside and passion for the sea. Nick is an experienced yachtsman and navigator, as much at home in a sea kayak as on an ocean going yacht. Nick also loves skiing which gives him endless opportunities to be challenged, learn and continuously improve.
Qualifications & Experience
- Member of the International Coaching Federation
- Credentialed to ICF Master Certified Coach level
- Certified Leadership & Life coach
- Accredited & Licensed Career Coach
- Over 3000 hours of personal, business and career coaching
- Experienced workshop designer leader & facilitator
- Extensive experience in delivering coaching skills workshops
- Trained in Emotional Intelligence and Psychometric assessments
- Skilled at how to manage stress & develop emotional resilience
Credentials & Accreditations
- 2017 Master Certified Coach (ICF)
- 2009 Professional Certified Coach (ICF)
- 2008 Personality Type Profiling (Team Focus)
- 2007 Associate Course Leader (Co-Creative Alliance)
- 2007 Emotional Intelligence Practitioner (JCA)
- 2006 Associate Certified Coach (ICF)
- 2006 Licensed Career Coach (Firework)
- 2005 Certified Leadership Coach (Co-Creative Alliance)
- 2004 Accredited Career Coach (Prospect Opus2)
- 2003 Coaching Clinic Facilitator (Corporate Coach U)
- 1986 Diploma in Computer Ed. (Anglia Polytech. University)
- 1975 B.Ed. Hons (University of Sussex)
- 1974 Cert. Ed. Merit (Eastbourne College of Education)
Read what my clients have said about the benefits of professional coaching and the difference it has made in their lives.
Free 45 minute coaching session
If you are considering one-to-one coaching with a professional coach, Nick Harris invites you to get in touch for a free 45 minute coaching session to explore your current situation, future aspirations and discuss next steps.
Call 0800 776 5696 to book your free session
"Nick is a committed professional. His work comes from a deep well of intelligence, sensitivity and passion. He is an incredible asset to the world of coaching."
"Nick is a talented and experienced coach who has been working independently as a professional coach for more than 10 years. I’d describe his coaching style as gentle, powerful and deep. I met Nick when were both internal coaches in BT. I see Nick as one of the most naturally talented coaches I have met."
Professional Coach & Facilitator
"Nick is a talented and dedicated coach who never stops being curious about the human condition, so he never stops learning. He's also very smart, which as you know, I dearly love in a coach. He has the gift of correcting without judging, and being precise and complete in his feedback and support."